The Coronavirus State & Local Recovery Funds (SLFRF) program is the federal government’s financial relief package for those affected by the Covid-19 pandemic. IVCanDO has been selected to help distribute these funds to local Josephine County Government entities and Special Districts.
This opportunity only applies to Government entities (cities and counties) and Special Districts within Josephine County (more specifically, Oregon House District 3). Cities and counties can apply on behalf of a department, however only 1 application will be accepted per entity.
There is a total of $100,000 available for entities that qualify. Grants are for $2,000 to $30,000 per entity.
Applications open: Monday, February 6th, 2023
Applications close: Friday February 24th, 2023
Award announcement: Monday March 6th 2023
The SLFRF program provides governments across the country with the resources needed to:
- Fight the pandemic and support families and businesses struggling with its public health and economic impacts
- Maintain vital public services, even amid declines in revenue resulting from the crisis
- Build a strong, resilient, and equitable recovery by making investments that support long-term growth and opportunity
Recipients may use SLFRF funds to:
- Replace lost public sector revenue, using this funding to provide government services up to the amount of revenue lost due to the pandemic
- Respond to the far-reaching public health and negative economic impacts of the pandemic, by supporting the health of communities, and helping households, small businesses, impacted industries, nonprofits, and the public sector recover from economic impacts
- Provide premium pay for essential workers, offering additional support to those who have and will bear the greatest health risks because of their service in critical sectors
- Invest in water, sewer, and broadband infrastructure, making necessary investments to improve access to clean drinking water, to support vital wastewater and stormwater infrastructure, and to expand affordable access to broadband internet
Applicants are encouraged to consult the Overview of the Final Rule, for explanations and examples, and to visit the Final Rule for more details.
Applications will be screened for eligibility then reviewed and scored by a panel using this rubric to determine highest need.
Click here for the application
Please reach out to Lindsey B. Jones with any questions: [email protected] or 816-769-7287